Our Administration team is often the first point of contact for patients and families coming to the Northern Cancer Service and we are here to help.
What to expect if you are coming to the clinic for the first time:
- When your referral has been received and processed, you will receive a follow up phone call with your appointment date and time.
- If you need further tests prior to your appointment; we will help you arrange these tests. We will also send you this information in the mail.
- At the same time, we will send you a short health summary sheet you will need to fill out, you can return this to us at your clinic appointment.
- It is important to check and update your contact details with us at this stage.
- On arrival at the clinic you will be greeted by one of our friendly Reception staff members, who will welcome you to the clinic, take any paperwork from you and process your Medicare bulk billing.
- Our waiting areas have tea and coffee facilities for you to enjoy.
We are here to help:
- We are your first point of contact over the phone and will direct you to the people and information you need.
- We can direct you to other areas of the clinic you may not be familiar with.
- We can provide you with parking permits whilst you are on treatment (WP Holman Clinic).
- If you need to update your details at any time, we can assist with this.
- We work behind the scenes to obtain test results and other important information which your doctor may need for your consultation.
- Our Medical Typists are part of the Admin team. They will keep your GP and Specialist updated with regular letters from your consultations.