Printable version of this page
Coming to your first appointment with an Oncologist can be daunting. We will always try to make things as easy as possible. There are some helpful things you can bring to your appointment.
- Medicare card.
- Your completed Health Questionnaire.
- Health Care Card (if you have one).
- Pharmaceutical safety net card (if you have one).
- Pensioner concession card (if you have one).
- Department of Veterans Affairs or Repatriation card (if you have one).
- A list of all your current medications from your GP and the containers of any over the counter medications you are taking.
- Any scans you may have been given on a CD (for example scans taken interstate).
- Any letters or reports you may have been given by doctors in other states.
- A list of any questions or concerns you might have.
- A notebook or similar to take notes (if you would like too).
- Comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Eye-glasses and case (if you wear them).
- Hearing aid (if you wear one).
- Walking or mobility aid (if needed).
- Something to pass the time such as an; iPad, magazine, book, knitting, cross-word puzzles, etc.
You may also like to bring along a trusted friend or family members to support you.