What is Endometrial Cancer?
Endometrial cancer is cancer that comes from the lining of the uterus (called the endometrium). It is the most common type of cancer of the uterus, and the most common gynaecological cancer diagnosed in Australian women. Gynaecological cancers are cancers of the female reproductive system that occur when abnormal cells grow in an uncontrolled way.
Endometrial Cancer Pathway
A best practice, cancer care pathway for patients that explains what to expect on your cancer journey
Local Support and Information
- There is a state-wide Clinical Nurse Consultant (CNC) to support woman and their families living with Gynaecological Cancer, the CNC works closely with your local care team.
- There is a gynaecology oncology outpatients clinic run regularly at the Launceston General Hospital.
Contact: Adele Hudson
Phone: 6166 7491
Available: Monday to Friday 8.00am – 4.30pm
- Cancer Council Tasmania offer local support groups.
- Look Good Feel Better program is dedicated to teaching cancer patients how to manage the appearance-related side effects caused by treatment through practical workshop demonstrations covering skin care, make-up and headwear.
- Australian Gynaecological Cancer Foundation has more information about types of gynaecological cancers.
Other pages on our site: