What is Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the abnormal growth of the cells lining the breast lobules or ducts. Both men and women can develop breast cancer, although it is uncommon in men.
Breast Cancer Pathway
A best practice, cancer care pathway for patients that explains what to expect on your cancer journey
Local Support and Information
- There are Breast Cancer Nurses available to support you during your cancer journey
- Breast Cancer Support Network meet regularly across the North and North West of Tasmania.
- Look Good Feel Better program is dedicated to teaching cancer patients how to manage the appearance-related side effects caused by cancer treatment through practical workshop demonstrations covering skin care, make-up and headwear.
- Cancer Council Tasmania offer local support groups and practical assistance.
- Dragons Abreast encourages wellness, fitness, fun and camaraderie for breast cancer survivors through the sport of dragon boating and promote breast cancer awareness throughout our community.
Other Pages on Our Site