Volunteer with the Royal Hobart Hospital
On this page
- The Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH) Volunteer Service started in February 1967.
- It began after people in the community offered help during the tragic ‘Black Tuesday’ bushfires.
- It is a valued and respected community service supporting patients, families and staff.
- Over 110 volunteers deliver 30 individual services to help the hospital.
- Many people choose to volunteer to help others.
- Some people choose to volunteer after a personal experience at the hospital.
Types of volunteer roles
- Pharmacy Courier Service
Delivering medications and prescriptions to patients and staff across the hospital.
- Hospital Guide
Helping people find their way around the hospital.
- Refreshment Service
Offering snacks and support to people waiting to attend appointments.
- Emergency Department Support
Helping people when they arrive in the emergency department.
How to become a volunteer
We run a training program to help you learn about the different roles.