Safety and quality at Royal Hobart Hospital
- Delivering safe and compassionate care is important to us.
- We work together with our staff and the community to continuously improve our service.
How we work to improve our service
There are many ways we strive to improve our service and care for patients. These include:
- participating in accreditation processes of the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards
- connecting with the community
- listening to your recommendations and suggestions
- measuring the care that we provide
- comparing this information to other like hospitals around Australia
- learning from when things do go wrong and making changes
- making sure that all our staff have the skills and qualifications needed to perform their job
- regularly reviewing staff qualifications
- having appropriate processes for appointing staff and developing their skills
- actively participating in research to provide the most up-to-date care available
- supporting ongoing learning for our staff.
Our rights and responsibilities
The Australian government endorse the Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights as the benchmark for healthcare standards in Australia. This means holding healthcare to the highest standards in Australia.
We support the promotion and use of this important charter through:
- the prominent display of the charter across the hospital
- ensuring our own complaint and feedback protocols align with the charter
- ensuring our rights and responsibilities documents align with the charter
- using the same healthcare terminology (words and definitions) in our patient information and brochures.