Benefits of quitting smoking
On this page
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to quitting smoking. You will:
- reduce your risk of cancer, heart and lung disease.
- save money.
- be healthier, feel better, breathe easier and look younger.
- recover better from illness or surgery.
- set a good example for your children.
Smoking and pregnancy
- Quitting at any time will give your baby a better chance of being healthier.
- It will also help you have less risks during your pregnancy.
- Smoking may impact your baby’s birth weight. This can cause problems during and after birth. A strong and healthy baby means a safer birth for you and the baby.