Suicide prevention strategy
If you are, or anyone else is in immediate danger, call 000.
For crisis support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
Suicide is a significant issue in Tasmania. Every life lost to suicide comes at a high personal cost to families, friends and communities. The Tasmanian Government has increased funding into suicide prevention to:
- deliver community action plans
- take action at places known for repeat suicides.
- develop a new Tasmanian Suicide Register
- develop an early intervention referral pathways model following a suicide attempt or self-harm.
For more information, download:
Suicide prevention resources and websites
- Sudden Loss Support Kit
- Sudden Loss Fact Sheet - Helping Children and Teenagers
- Sudden Loss Fact Sheet - Supporting Someone Experiencing Sudden Loss
- Sudden Loss Fact Sheet - Grieving the Aboriginal Way
- Sudden Loss Fact Sheet - Information for LGBTQI People
- Sudden Loss Fact Sheet - Have You Suffered the Loss of a Child
- LIFE Awards
- Life – Living is For Everyone
For a hard copy of any resources, please contact the Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Directorate