Diabetes education service
On this page
Our diabetes educators help people, their families and carers manage their lives with diabetes in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
Who can you see at the Diabetes Education Service?
Our accredited Diabetes Education Service provides a multidisciplinary service where you can access:
- diabetes educators
Our Diabetes Education Service can help you:
- make informed lifestyle choices
- limit the impact of diabetes on your health while maintaining the quality of life
- learn how to use diabetes technology appropriate to you
- learn how to manage sick days
- plan pregnancy if you have pre-existing diabetes
- optimise the best health outcomes for you.
We will help you:
- with use of diabetic equipment
- provide in-service sessions
- find community education support groups
- access a range of diabetes education programs.
Diabetes services eligibility
- For appointments with a Diabetes Medical Specialist or podiatrist, a referral from your treating doctor is required.
- You do not need a referral for appointments with a Diabetes Educator, Dietitian or Social worker for education, support or resources. However, you do need to make an appointment.
Royal Hobart Hospital Diabetes Centre
Level 5, 70 Collins St
Hobart TAS 7000
- Phone: 03 6166 8788
- Fax: 03 6173 0456
- Appointments: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Telephone service available
- Reception: 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
Launceston General Hospital Diabetes Centre
Level 3, Charles Street
Launceston TAS 7250
- Phone: 03 6777 4145
- Fax: 03 6348 7814
- Appointments: 8.30 am - 5.00 pm
- After hours emergency service operates
- Reception: 8.30 am - 3.00 pm
North West Regional Hospital Diabetes Centre
23 Brickport Road
Burnie TAS 7320
- Phone: 03 6493 6100
- Freecall: 1300 556 899
- Fax: 03 6431 8061
- After hours service: 03 6430 666
- Appointments 9am-5pm
- After hours service available on public holidays, weekends between 8.00 am - 10.00 pm and evenings 5 pm to 10 pm. After 10 pm please present to Emergency.
Devonport Community Health Centre
Devonport TAS 7310
- Phone: 03 6478 6164
- Appointments 9 am - 5 pm
- After hours service available on public holidays, weekends between 8.00 am - 10.00 pm, and evenings 5 pm to 10 pm. After 10 pm please present to Emergency.
Where to get more information
- Visit the Diabetes Australia website
- Visit the Diabetes Australia website for people under 25