COVID safe behaviours
On this page
There are some simple things that we should all do every day to help protect us from COVID-19, no matter what the risk level is.
These simple behaviours will continue to be an important part of how we take care of ourselves and each other every day.
- Stay home and get tested for COVID-19 if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms no matter how mild
- Stay at home while you still have acute symptoms
- Wear a face mask if you must leave home while you still have symptoms
- Wear a mask in indoor public places for 7 days after your positive test
- Be up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations
- If you test positive by RAT, register your result
- If you have COVID-19, or cold or flu-like symptoms do not visit high risk settings or people at higher risk from respiratory illness for at least 7 days
- If you have been in close contact with a person who tests positive to COVID-19 – be alert for symptoms and avoid high risk settings
- Cover coughs and sneezes and keep your hands clean by washing with soap and water, or by using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
People at risk of severe illness
- Make a testing and treatment plan with your GP for when you get cold or flu symptoms
- Get tested as soon as you have symptoms
- Seek urgent treatment if you test positive for COVID-19 - it is very important to get treatment early
- Consider wearing a face mask in crowded indoor spaces.
High risk settings (hospitals, residential aged care and disability residential settings)
- Maintain and update your Work, Health and Safety policies
- Continue Infection Prevention and Control practices and training
- Look out for cases and manage cases and outbreaks quickly
- Maximise ventilation
- Keep informed about the COVID-19 risk level
- Maintain your Work, Health and Safety and Business Continuity plans
- Maximise ventilation.
Where to find more information
- Worksafe website
- Best practice guidance including Aged care resources
- Posters promoting COVID safe behaviours