How to apply
We welcome your interest in working with us and welcome your application. Your application must include certain essential information. This differs for each job.
- To apply for an advertised position, please address the Statements of Duties in the job advertisement.
- If you would like more information, please call the contact officer nominated in the advertisement.
- Some positions have eligibility and pre-employment check requirements (for example identity, disciplinary and conviction checks).
How to find our job vacancies
- All permanent jobs and some agency casual jobs are advertised on the jobs.tas.gov.au website.
- Some are also advertised in regional newspapers - The Mercury, The Examiner and The Advocate.
- Sometimes we may advertise certain jobs nationally and internationally.
Employment registers allow you to register your interest in fixed-term roles. Find out more in the Employment Registers section of our website.
You can apply through jobs.tas.gov.au or from the relevant job advertisement page.
Hard copy applications
We do accept hard copy applications. Please staple or clip applications. Do not bind or use a presentation folder.
If you cannot submit your application by the closing date, call the contact officer listed in the advertisement to discuss.
We select the best candidates based on the merit of your application. We use a variety of methods to select the best candidates.