On this page
Healthcare in Tasmania is characterised by strong teamwork and close professional relationships with peers, other health professionals and communities. There are many advantages to working in the Tasmanian public health system including career pathways and professional development opportunities to:
- work with great people
- access advanced technology and facilities
- link with other health organisations
- undertake excellent training and development
- gain further skills in your chosen field
- try something different.
Training and development
We provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you reach your full potential, including:
- on-boarding new starters
- on-the-job training
- short courses
- graduate development programs
- performance development appraisal
- staff exchanges and rotations.
Study leave and assistance
We provide support to you while you’re undertaking training and studies including:
- study leave
- postgraduate loan scheme.
Where to find more information to develop your career