How to apply
We welcome your interest in working with us and welcome your application. Your application must include certain essential information. This differs for each job.
- To apply for an advertised position, please address the Statements of Duties in the job advertisement.
- If you would like more information, please call the contact officer nominated in the advertisement.
- Some positions have eligibility and pre-employment check requirements (for example identity, disciplinary and conviction checks).
How to find our job vacancies
- All permanent jobs and some casual jobs are advertised on the Tasmanian Government jobs website.
- Some jobs are also advertised in regional newspapers such as The Examiner (North), The Advocate (North West) and The Mercury (South).
- Sometimes we advertise jobs nationally and internationally.
You can also subscribe to job alerts to be emailed new jobs when they are advertised.
If you're interested in fixed-term or casual opportunities, you can register your interest on our employment registers. This includes casual and short-term vacancies of up to 12 months that may not be advertised elsewhere.
You can find a full list of employment registers on the Tasmanian Government jobs website.
You can apply through jobs.tas.gov.au or from the relevant job advertisement page.
Hard copy applications
We do accept hard copy applications. Please staple or clip applications. Do not bind or use a presentation folder.
If you cannot submit your application by the closing date, call the contact officer listed in the advertisement to discuss.
We select the best candidates based on the merit of your application. We use a variety of methods to select the best candidates.